YOUTH TOUR CONTEST
What is the Rural Electric Youth Tour Trip?
Missouri Rural Electric Cooperative will send a student to participate in the Rural Electric Youth Tour in June, for an activity-filled week, affording these high school youth opportunities to learn first-hand what it is like to be involved in politics, community development and today’s social issues.
While in Washington, more than 1,400 students from across the country:
- The 2019 trip will be held June 14-20
- Participate and visit historic sites
- Explore the Smithsonian museums
- Take a cruise on the Potomac River
- Learn the process of government
- Discuss current issues
- Increase their knowledge of cooperative electric utilities and American history
- Applications may be submitted by high school juniors attending school in Missouri Rural Electric Cooperative’s service area (children, grandchildren, brothers or sisters of cooperative employees or directors will need to call our office for application and contest submission information).
- Entries must be received by March 15th, at the Cooperative
- You may deliver them to 975 West Ross St. Palmyra, MO.
- Mail it to: Doug Krigbaum, Missouri Rural Electric Cooperative, P.O. Box 111 Palmyra, MO
To Learn More
Contact Doug Krigbaum at 888-557-1077 or follow this link http://www.amec.org/content/youth-programs